Bullfinch specialises in the application of Flame Technology for Burners for a wide variety of uses.
Recently we have used this technology for the design and manufacture of the
- Burners for the Torches for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Gas Beacons for Her Majesty the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations,
- Gas Beacons for a celebration on Hadrian's Wall.
Our main competences are as follows:
The following gives an overview of the activities of the company. Detailed information is available in the various sections shown on the left. Click the News section for more current developments.
- Supply of good quality equipment and service at a fair price. That is our speciality.
- Leading manufacturer and supplier of LP Gas equipment
- Over 50 years' experience in the production of LPG equipment and appliances
- Design and manufacture products and components for our own range and other companies
- Quality systems are registered to BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- All the appropriate products are CE marked
- Member of UKLPG (LP Gas association in UK - was LPGA))
- Our associate company - Rainsford and Lynes - can be reached on:
Product development and Partnership
We seek opportunities to source and develop products in collaboration with other companies using our design and manufacturing expertise and our partnerships with a number of companies from all over the world. We supply a number of world class companies as well as smaller and larger companies of all types:
- Gas supplies companies (LPG)
- Diesel and Gas engine manufacturers
- Motorhome manufacturers
- Central heating boiler manufacturers
- Telecom companies
- Defence equipment manufacturers
- Special effects equipment manufacturers
- LOCOG - London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
The Head Office is situated in Birmingham, England and we have a Depot in SE England near the M25/M11 junction.
All the equipment below operates on LPG (propane and butane) unless stated
otherwise. Further details of the products are available in the individual
product sections on the left. The search facility on the left allows you to look
for particular products or type of product.
The torches are widely used in many trades especially plumbing, heating and ventilating, roofing, road works, maintenance and production work.
Standard torches • 10 interchangeable burners
• Three styles of handle
• Heat inputs from 0.32 to 32.5 kW at 1 bar pressure;
More at 2 bar pressure
• Superb extended torch for roofing and roadwork
- Strong, styled for comfort handles
- Interchangeable burners
- Safer and more efficient use of gas
- Trigger or Push button piezo-electric ignition for safe and easy lighting
Performer Torches with disposable cylinders
- Small cylinder mounted
- New AutoPerformer with automatic ignition
- Easy to carry
- High performance
- Superb personnel heater for building sites, outbuildings, workshops, farms, maintenance projects and emergencies
- Highly efficient, supersafe, clean burning radient heaters
- Turn down of upto 40%
- 3.7kW maximum heat input
- Flame failure and air sensing protection
- No 1200HL - portable version with regulator
Industrial Space Heater
- Ideal for heating warehouses, factories, outhouses and drying out buildings
- Swirl burner gives compact high convectional heat output from 15 to 25 kW
- Piezo-electric ignition
- Flame failure protection
- Bulk heating furnaces for melting lead and other metals, compounds bitumen etc
- All are robust
- Standard furnace for general use
- Low furnaces are highly stable and have flame control
- Cabinet heaters, Marquee heaters also available
- Portable lantern that provides an all round brilliant light
Nearly all Bullfinch appliances require a regulator to reduce and control the pressure from the cylinder so that they work safely and efficiently. It is important to choose the correct regulator for the appliance - for type of gas, pressure of gas and capacity.
- Compact high performance regulators
- Conform to BS 3016
- Robust construction for a long reliable life
'Extra' range of appliances and fittings
- Boiling rings, heaters, cookers, bitumen boilers
- We can source any of your requirements for LPG equipment
Bulk tank fittings
We supply a Combo valve for the filling and providing outlets from bulk LPG tanks. In addition we supply an earthing terminal.
Outdoor utility pointsA great new family of points to supply gas for barbecues and patio heaters, and external shower point. More fittings for water and electric points are in the pipeline.
Hose and Fittings
Use Bullfinch hose and fittings for your appliances.
- Hose to BS 3212 for long life and safety
- Wide range of fittings and adaptors
- Range of ball valves now available
Sub-contract assemblies, and components
A one-stop service for the supply of high-quality, tested components and assemblies for original equipment manufacturers. We can source components, assemble and test and give associated design work.